PROFESSIONAL PERFORMING ARTS ACADEMY – REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!!
The Academy at Adage has been a great success through our partnership with the Grove and will is continuously expanding to include a full selection of Performing Arts classes! Moving forward students can select their electives which may include: Rock Band, Contemporary Choir, Drums, Group Guitar, Recording & Song Writing, Ballet, Jazz, Modern Stage, Musical Theatre, Contemporary, Lyrical and more!
Students will also be given the opportunity to add more sciences to their course load. For students who have a full schedule, work will be available to complete remotely during busy performance weeks.
Further course selection will also be provided on the academic side. Students can enter the program at the Grade 6 level in partnership with The Grove and move into the full academic/performing arts program for Grade 8-12.
• Open to students Grade 6 – 12 (Grade 6 & up accepted but under different program structure)
• Dance centered educational program focusing on the whole dancer: fitness, leadership, active living, personal planning, time management, social responsibility and integration of dance into academics
• Exploration of dance styles in varied cultural contexts, thereby promoting cultural and social understanding.
• Technical training in Jazz, Contemporary, Ballet, Musical Theatre, Strength Training, Body Awareness, Endurance & Injury Prevention
• Structured, instructor based academic instruction integrated with dance and leadership courses.
• BC Curriculum based for graduation established by the BC Ministry of Education.
BENEFITS OF PERFORMING ARTS IN BC EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMMING
• Encouraging students to see opportunities and find solutions in their dancing can translate into the same thought processes and habits in the real world.
• Physical & Health Education Canada explains that “Dance educates the entire self and provides an ideal vehicle for students to learn physically, intellectually, emotionally & socially.
• By exploring concepts in science, language arts, math or social studies through movement, students are able to have hands on learning experiences which engages their brain on multiple levels.
• Dance education provides collaboration, perseverance, problem solving, creativity, focus/concentration & self discipline. All of these skills are transferable to the 21st Century workforce and are aligned with provincial initiatives for economic growth.
ADAGÉ STUDIO ACHIEVEMENTS OVER THE PAST 12 YEARS
• Students have been accepted into top rated international performing arts programs in New York, LA, Las Vegas & Miami such as the Los Angeles Contemporary Dance Company, The Joffrey Ballet School, Joffrey Cirque Arts Las Vegas., Camp Protégé, Broadway Summit & Broadway Alliance.
• Students have landed performance contracts on Royal Caribbean Cruises after graduation
• Students have been accepted to some of the top Performing Arts Post Secondary Institutes such as Sheridan College.
• Students selected to be a member of Team Canada for World Performers in Portugal
• Students regularly selected to represent the Cowichan Valley at the Provincial and National levels. With many placing during these events.
• Students have auditioned and held roles in Nickelodeon’s Escape from Mr Lemoncello’s Library, Disney’s Upside Down Magic, Disney’s Descendants 1, 2 and 3, When Calls The Heart and more.