PROFESSIONAL PERFORMING ARTS ACADEMY
Adagé Studios is excited about the changes to our Day Program for the upcoming year! Our partnership with the Grove has grown over the past year and we are excited about the development of an Performing Arts Academy. Our students will be assigned a School District 79 teacher to guide them through their individual learning plans. The teacher will set up times for students to meet and receive instruction. This program allows for students to work around their yearly schedule and manage performance times along with their studies.
• Open to students Grade 8 – 12 (Grade 6 & up accepted but under different program structure)
• Dance centered educational program focusing on the whole dancer: fitness, leadership, active living, personal
planning, time management, social responsibility and integration of dance into academics
• Exploration of dance styles in varied cultural contexts, thereby promoting cultural and social understanding.
• Technical training in Jazz, Contemporary, Ballet, Musical Theatre, Strength Training, Body Awareness, Endurance & Injury Prevention
• Structured, instructor based academic instruction integrated with dance and leadership courses.
• BC Curriculum based for graduation established by the BC Ministry of
BENEFIT OF DANCE IN BC EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMING
• Encouraging students to see opportunities and find solutions in their dancing can translate into the same thought
processes and habits in the real world.
• Physical & Health Education Canada explains that “Dance educates the entire self and provides an ideal vehicle for
students to learn physically, intellectually, emotionally & socially.
• By exploring concepts in science, language arts, math or social studies through movement,
students are able to have hands on learning experiences which engages their brain on multiple levels.
• Dance education provides collaboration, perseverance, problem solving, creativity, focus/concentration & self
discipline. All of these skills are transferable to the 21st Century workforce and are aligned with provincial initiatives
for economic growth.